Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ten Years

I haven't gotten around to completing my next post about our trip yet, but I wanted to squeeze this one in real quick. Today marks 10 years since Mark and I met. That is quite a long time, if I do say so myself! We met at an outdoor event in downtown Salt Lake City. My sisters and I had a booth selling jewelry and other crafts at this event, and our tent happened to be next to an entrance... and Mark happened to be the security guard at that entrance. We spent the whole night flirting and as they say, the rest is history. We've been through a lot in 10 years. We survived Mark finishing the Police Academy and struggling for years to find a job doing what he loves. We survived me in nursing school (that was a Herculean task right there!). We seem to be surviving parenting our little girl so far. We did wait quite awhile before hitting the parent landmark but I like to think that gave our relationship an advantage - even with one child it's so easy to lose track of your relationship.

I'd be lying if I said it's been smooth sailing the entire time. We have definitely had our bumps along the way. In fact, sometimes the bumps are so big they're mountains and ditches and it's hard to crawl your way out. But Mark is so worth it, and I sure hope I continue to be worth it for him!

These are pictures that were taken at the MGM Resort in Las Vegas last week before we saw KA by Cirque du Soleil. I'd say we're a pretty good-looking couple. :) Happy anniversary Mark - I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment