Monday, December 19, 2011

A Lesson in Tolerance


Mira did something so funny today I just had to share it.

In our living room we have a playpen with a changing table built in. Very handy to have. I rearranged the room a little bit today and the playpen ended up with the changing table end near our kitty tower, where our cats love to hang out. I went into the dining room to feed Mira breakfast and when I came back out this is what had happened:

I don't know how cats know just where to place themselves to get in the way, but they all have this radar that lets them know exactly how and when to be obstructive. I don't know how I got any studying done in nursing school because the second I got a textbook out a big hairy cat would sit on it. I love my kitties.

So that was funny enough, but then I put Mira in the playpen.

I'm impressed that he just sat there and let this happen! Stewie is usually super skittish and we joke all the time that he's going to die of a stroke from being stressed out all the time. Plus the cats have learned to run in the opposite direction as soon as they see Mira. This continued for a few more minutes until I picked Mira up so she could try to "pet" the kitty. Off he went. But he was awfully tolerant of the annoying baby interrupting his snooze time!

No comments:

Post a Comment