Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

Christmas just seemed to sneak up on me this year! We opened presents with Mira on Christmas Eve because Mark had to work on Christmas Day. She won't know the difference for awhile, after all. Here are some pictures:

Mira loves froggies, just like her mommy!
You mean all this stuff is for ME???


Mira and all her loot

Playing with Kermit
As you might imagine, Mira really had no idea what was going on. I tried to get her excited about unwrapping presents but it really fell flat. Normally she loves playing with paper and plastic but it gets taken away so she was confused and suspicious as to why I was suddenly encouraging her to play with all this paper. Next year will be more fun, I'm sure.

Her favorite toy, if you can't guess from the pictures, was probably the pink and purple push car. She's getting really close to walking, so here was our chance to help her along. (Don't ask me why I'm trying to get her to walk sooner. Bad idea. I have friends with babies the same age as Mira that aren't even crawling yet and worrying that something is wrong with their baby. *snort*) So we put her behind this little push car and she grabbed onto the handlebars and walked that thing all the way across the room, very first try, didn't fall over or anything. Aren't babies supposed to fall over a few times when they try this out???? What I've noticed about my daughter is that once she's set her mind to do something, she figures it out really fast and does really well at it. Not altogether a bad trait to have, of course. It'll serve her well throughout her life.

Here she is pushing this car around like she's a pro at it:

Unbelieveable!

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas! I'm just glad the hype and excitement is over for the year. As for New Year's, I'm scheduled to work so no fun plans for us, but that's okay. Here's to a happy and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment