Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween 2013

Another Halloween! I swear that happened so fast. This year we did a low-key Halloween. As I mentioned, Mark has had way too much on his plate lately to think about putting up all the decorations but in a way that was nice. Usually I help scare the kids as they come to get candy but now I could just concentrate on taking Mira trick-or-treating. This year I borrowed a costume from a friend for Mira, so she was a candy corn princess. Unique and very, very cute! I made a tutu to wear underneath the skirt so that her butt wasn't hanging out - that's what you get for having a tall child!
Before we went around the neighborhood we met up with my dad and step-mom and took Mira along Main Street where various businesses were handing out candy. It took her a little while to get the hang of trick-or-treating because as soon as she got a piece of candy she would want to stop everything and eat the candy on the spot. She sure was excited about the idea of being handed candy everywhere she went though!
After that we went home, I had to force her to eat a sandwich and not candy for dinner (she didn't like that idea and only my threat of confiscating her candy convinced her to eat her sandwich), and then we went around the neighborhood with my mom. I told her before we set out that our goal was to go to as many houses as we could as fast as we could to get as much candy as possible so we weren't going to stop and eat any of it until we got home. That seemed to make sense to her so off we went. It also helped that Ally's (our babysitter) 10-year-old daughter Emily went with us and so Mira was able to see how it was done. It was a lot of fun! We have lots of kids in our neighborhood and lots of the parents were dressed up too. And because we did so much walking Mira went to bed really easily afterwards, which is always a plus. I tried to get her to stand still for some pictures but that's pretty near impossible these days so I ended up with lots of shots her her back.
Cutest candy corn you've ever seen!
We've managed to hold onto our nice weather so we've been taking advantage of it and spending time outside before it gets too cold and we're trapped inside for months. One of Mira's favorite activities is blowing bubbles and she's actually pretty good at it.
Yep, she is definitely a blondie! Crazy isn't it?
Love the fall colors.
I'm not even sure what was going on in this next picture. She was "upset" about something but I don't remember what set it off. It was definitely mostly for show though because she wasn't actually upset. What a drama queen.
Utah being fickle weather-wise we went from beautiful sunny 70-degree weather one day to this the next day:
A few days of that and it'll go back to sunny and warm for a bit and it'll go back and forth for a little while before we get snowed in. We have our ski passes again this year so finally I'm excited for it to snow, but I still wouldn't complain if it snowed more in the mountains than down here. Snow is pretty until you have to go out in it.

I wanted to get this blog up quickly so I can concentrate on the next one, which has pictures from our Jacksonville trip. We just got back last night so today has been re-acclimating to being back at home and figuring out the routine again. Hopefully I'll have it up soon but to tide you over, a picture of Wally thinking he was going to be included in our packing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment