Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

Wow, I just can't believe how fast this year has gone already! Christmas has already come and gone and it's almost the new year. It seems like the older I get the faster life goes.

I had to work Christmas Eve all night and Mark had to work all day on Christmas, which kind of sucks but I remind myself that the most important jobs are the ones that can't go away on nights, weekends or holidays. Really, in a perfect world neither of our jobs would be required - but people screw up and people get sick so off to work we go. Luckily Mira is too young to really know the difference, or get the idea of Christmas yet anyway, so for now it's okay. As soon as I got home from work Christmas morning we brought out presents for Mira to open. She actually did a really good job opening everything! Her favorite present was her pink trike - she kept trying to sit on it before Mark was done putting it together.
Feeding her baby doll.
She wanted to wear part of the trike as a necklace.
Showing off her new winter coat
So Mira had fun Christmas morning playing with her new toys and later she got to show off some new dresses she got (she is so into frilly girlie things - love it!)
She loved her new Disney Princess hooded towel
Mmmm, rolls...
Mark and I didn't really exchange gifts this year. My present to Mark had been the ski passes. It felt a bit strange to not have anything to give him on Christmas but it's not like I was going to wait to give Mark ski passes. Mark's present to me was tickets to see 3 performances by Ballet West: The Nutcracker, Cinderella in February, and Aladdin in the spring. That's one of the most thoughtful presents I've ever gotten - I absolutely love the ballet! I've been dropping hints for years that I'd love to go with Mark to the ballet and even though it took 10 1/2 years for him to follow through, at least he did! And as many of my girlfriends have noted, this man is a keeper if he'll buy me tickets for not one, not two, but three ballets. Sorry ladies, he's mine - don't get too jealous. :)

I've mentioned that Mira is starting to throw fake temper tantrums and I finally managed to get one on video. I dare you to watch this and not laugh.
She sure is a drama queen!

I said in my last post Mark was going to try to get me on a black diamond mogul run the next time we went skiing - which I did yesterday. It was definitely a challenge and I biffed it several times on the way down but Mark was probably prouder of me than I've ever seen him and he was so excited that I'm more and more able to keep up with him. He told me afterwards that the run he took me on was probably more of a double black diamond because of how narrow, steep and tree-filled it was with moguls about hip-deep but he knew I could handle it and he knew it would be great for my confidence level. We're going to try to do at least one black diamond run every time we go skiing now. Yay me!

Here's a couple more videos and then I'm done showing off. Here's Mark doing an intermediate mogul run - this is how it should be done.
And then there's me.
Ah well, the technique will be there eventually.

Here's to a great new year for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Cute overload! She looks more and more like you each time you post new pictures!! <3

    ReplyDelete