Monday, June 11, 2012

Lots of Videos

So I was reading over my last post and realized I didn't put any videos on there. Whoops. I guess this post will just have videos of Mira - and there's a lot of them!

It's been awhile since I've taken any video of little Twinkle Toes so here's one with her updated dancing skills. Now that she's figured out how to walk backwards and do a little step-kick-step-kick she's gotten quite proud of herself. Well, more proud. We were watching our favorite show, So You Think You Can Dance, on TV.

And now follows a bunch of Mira randomness. I think I mainly recorded this because I love her little pettiskirt.
Her hands are constantly in her mouth these days. Those stupid molars look like they came halfway through and then decided they weren't going to push through any more so she's just in a perpetual state of teething-ness, poor thing.

One of Mira's new talents is putting a bag over her arm like a purse and walking off. For some reason she had a plastic grocery bag and managed to get both arms through and off she went.
It's crazy what she picks up on and mimics! One day there were some older (school-age) girls playing around our yard and one of them dropped her jump rope on our yard. Of course Mira found it and found a new use for it.
And finally, we occasionally take a few chickens at a time into the front yard, and Mira thinks the chickens are great toys to chase. I had a really cute video of her chasing the chickens everywhere but it's disappeared. :( I tried to get another video but Mira wasn't really in the mood to be tackling chickens (for once) but it's still a video of Mira.
This little girl is so much fun! I'm going to have such a hard time leaving her for over a week next month! Mark and I will be coming up on 10 years together next month so to celebrate we have a pretty big trip planned. Here's our itinerary:

July 5th: Fly to Baltimore and drive to Gettysburg. Stay the night in a B&B.
July 6th: Wander around Gettysburg (we love Civil War history) and watch a battle re-enactment. Drive to Bethesda, Maryland to stay with a cousin of mine for the next few days. (It's my mom's first cousin - so whatever that makes him to me.)
July 7th-9th: Visit monuments, museums, national landmarks etc. in DC.
July 10th: Fly to Vegas.
July 11th-13th: Win the jackpot and become millionaires. No, actually hang out by the pool, drink booze, go shopping, sleep in, and go see lots of shows. Including two Cirque du Soleil shows - front row seats for both. Woohoo!
July 14th: Fly home.

Mark and I are SO excited for this time together - this will be our first trip without Mira and we really do need the time together. Mira might be one child but man, it's amazing how much time and energy she requires! So for the sake of our relationship Mark and I really really need the time away. But we still have moments of anxiety (mine are getting more frequent the closer we get to going away) when we wonder if we'll survive without Mira for so long! We don't worry too much about Mira - we worry that she'll miss us but we know she'll be okay. It's always harder on the parents. So I'll just spend as much time with her as I can up until we leave and then when we're gone I'll try to thoroughly enjoy the ability to sleep in and take as long as I want to eat, get dressed, shower etc. I've kind of forgotten what that's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment