Monday, November 14, 2011

Big Steps

How is it that my baby is 9 months old already?? Crazy! It occurred to me that Mira has now been out in the world for about the same amount of time she spent growing inside me. As far as a fetus/baby is concerned, 9 months involves so much change! Nine months ago Mira couldn't even turn her head the way she wanted to, now she can do stuff like this:
I'm still trying to get a good video of her dancing. She'll be jamming it up and as soon as I get the camera going she stops and gets distracted with something else. Don't worry, I'll get a video! It's so cute to watch her bounce up and down (if she's standing she'll go up on her tip-toes) and she'll even put her hand up in the air and do a "raise the roof" type move. And she dances to pretty much any type of music she hears - whether it's on TV, while we're walking through a grocery store, one of her musical toys, from my iPod - she loves dancing! I think we've got a little dancer on our hands.

Yummy
Cutest little penguin butt ever
She pulls herself to a standing position like it's no big deal now and cruises around. She can even stand unsupported! That really freaks me out - it doesn't seem like babies should be allowed to stand on their own before they turn 9 months old. She could do it for 5-10 seconds at a time but then she fell forward onto her face on the hardwood floor and ever since then she hasn't wanted to do it as much. But she's definitely capable! She can crawl super fast too - and navigate around the barricades we have set up in front of the stairs in an attempt to keep her from climbing them. I suspect she does it just to get attention from us because she'll only get up on the first step and then turn and grin at us.
Why can't grown ups have car seats like this?
After months of procrastinating, we finally moved her to the big girl car seat! I kept putting it off because I didn't want to admit my little baby was big enough to outgrow anything but considering her feet were dangling off the edge of the infant car seat and her head was at the top of the head rest... it had to happen. Her new car seat seems so nice too. Plus it has a cup holder. :)

For the most part we've had a really mellow season so far (highs in the 50s some days, the grass in our yard is still alive and there are still lots of trees with leaves on them) but we did have one day with a few inches of snow. I put her in a snowsuit and set her down in the yard to see what she thought. She was not very impressed.
Seriously, why couldn't we have stayed inside where it's warm?
I'm so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Thanksgiving is probably in my top 3 favorite holidays. Mira's diet has expanded enough I think she'll be able to try most food at dinner. She still only has her 2 bottom teeth so I'm not sure if turkey will be on her menu but she'll be able to eat plenty of veggies and, most importantly, dessert. I can't wait to see what she does with some pumpkin pie.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment